I believe we all have unique gifts. For some of us, we also have the desire to share those gifts with the world; my gift is helping you do just that…
- I’ve lived in four provinces across Canada and, after 18 years in Western Canada, I moved back to Ontario in 2010.
- I returned to school at the age of 39 to study journalism and went on to earn the highest honours in my graduating class.
- My writing has been published in community, regional and national publications.
- I worked as an in-house editor for two special interest magazines where I honed my skills at working to deadline.
- I launched my business in the fall of 2009 because I wanted to help people clarify and share their inspirational messages.
- I became a publisher by launching my own magazine designed to help those wanting to independently publish.
- I work from my home office in Orillia, Ontario—a small city about an hour and a half
north of Toronto. Orillia is where both Stephen Leacock (Sunshine Sketches of a Little Town) and Gordon Lightfoot are from. Gordon Lightfoot was recently honoured with a sculpture installed in one of our local parks.
What makes my soul sing…
- I’m an avid reader of both fiction and non-fiction, and I always have at least two books on the go—usually more. On my bookshelves you will find inspirational and spiritual books, books from my days as a student that I still reference, books to help when I’m writing, Oprah Book Club picks, titles about chakra healing and the benefits of stones and crystals. I even have a copy of James Joyce’s, Ulysses. My favourite work of fiction is The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and my favourite non-fiction book is A Return to Love by Marianne Williamson.
- I have a passion for travelling and experiencing other cultures. My most memorable trip was when I travelled to Kenya in 1991. I can genuinely describe that trip, even all these years later, as one of the best experiences in my life. The people, wildlife and scenery were intoxicating. I was sponsoring a child there at the time so I made arrangements with Plan International to visit my foster child in her village. Our first stop was Emmaculate’s school where, to my great surprise and delight, all the children were waiting to greet me!
- I love animals—all animals. This love has led me to switch to a plant-based diet and support animal causes in any way I can.
- I share my home with Abbi, a part Russian Blue cat.
- I fell in love with ‘world music’ during a trip to Chile. I particularly love Maná, Angélique Kidjo, Raul Paz, Youssou N’dour, Wasis Diop, Habib Koité. I was fortunate enough to see Angelique Kidjo and Habib Koité in concert.
- I love Nia, especially the free dance portion of a routine that makes me feel outside my own body.
- I’m a life-long learner, perpetually taking part in some form of learning, whether formal or informal.
- I’m a multipotentialite, or, to use Barbara Sher‘s term, a scanner.
- People doing good things in the world inspire me.
- I’m a Level II Reiki practitioner.
- I have a difficult time parting with great books after I’ve read them, which led me to getting an e-reader since I was running out of shelf space. But, I still prefer print books.
- I love autumn in eastern Canada and getting out with my camera to capture Mother Nature’s spectacular colours.
- I believe that thoughts create reality and in the Universal Laws.
My formal training…
- Mount Royal University: Introduction to Nonprofit Management; Board Governance; Marketing & Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector; Strategic Management for Nonprofit Organizations
- University of Toronto: Copywriting That Sells
- University of Victoria: Humanities Diploma Program coursework
- University of Victoria: Public Relations Theory & Practice; Writing for Public Relations
- Camosun College: Leadership for Supervisors; Strategic Planning; Project Management
- Certified Ghostwriter
- Certified Professional Author’s Assistant
- Western Academy of Photography: Diploma in Journalism / Photojournalism
Thanks for stopping by!
Connect with me to discover how I can serve you in sharing your gifts with the world…
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. ~ Maya Angelou